|December 04, 2012 - January 30, 2013|
|Location:||Winter Park, FL|
|Salary Range:||10.00 an hour|
|Benefits:||This is a part-time position, 30 hours a per week, with a benefit package that includes: optional health, dental, term life, short-term disability, hospital indemnity, and AFLAC insurances, vacation, personal, and sick time.|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Location:||Winter Park Mizell|
|Description:||Easter Seals Florida, a premier provider of services to individuals with disabilities and special needs is seeking an energetic person to fill our Activity Assistant position at our adult day health care center in Winter Park, Florida. The Activity Assistant will assist in creating, designing and implimenting age-appropriate and stimulating therapeutic recreational activites for adults with disabilities or special needs and older adults. A creative, compassionate and enthusiastic person will be selected to help Easter Seals fulfill its mission of providing exceptional services to ensure that all people with disabilities or special needs and their families have equal opportunity to live, learn, work and play in their communities. |
|Duties:||Specific job functions include (but are not limited to): |
- Public speaking - engaging our clients, families and guests in events and activities during the adult day health care program.
- 1. Aid and assist the activities director to implement a monthly calendar of activities.
2. Present and facilitate activities, help to create stimulating interaction, while promoting constructive leisure time, and motivate clients to function at their maximum level of independence.
3. Assist in designing and creating activities while working with the activities director to present programs to clients.
4. Support the activity director to ensure quality activities and structure are being provided.
5. Assist and Coordinating with the nurse and document in client’s chart any significant event, problem, or progress concerning the client. Assist activity director in completing required
6. Activity documentation on clients.
7. Help the activity director to plan, and participate in community outings and special activities (i.e. holiday parties, cultural events, and other special events).
8. Aid the activity director in monitoring program supply expenditures related to activities and to follow proper authorization procedures and keep expenditures within budget limits.
9. Assist in providing personal care to clients.
10. Assist clients with activities of daily living (toileting, bathing, ambulating, transfers, feeding, and changing of clothes)
11. Report indications of possible illness immediately to center nurse
12. Respect clients rights to privacy and confidentiality
13. Assist with preparation and serving of snacks and meals.
14. Assist clients in boarding and exiting vehicles, as needed.
15. Model and promote respectful interactions with clients.
16. Interact with clients in a respectful, age appropriate, and culturally appropriate manner
17. Respect clients preferences and requests, based upon plan of care information
18. Maintain neat and clean program area.
19. Straighten program areas on a daily basis
20. Clean and disinfect program areas and supplies as needed
21. Clean up spills and bodily fluids using appropriate infection control procedures and universal precautions
22. Check and replenish supplies
23. Promote a clean and sanitary environment
24. Monitor and respond to safety of clients.
25. Ensure the safety of each client by participating in safety training and emergency drills
26. Follow safety and emergency policies to ensure the well-being of clients
27. Complete and maintain certification in CPR, First Aid, and Universal Precautions
28. Know emergency procedures and implement as necessary
29. Report all incidents and accidents immediately and follow all appropriate Easter Seals Florida procedures in follow-up and reporting
30. Report any suspicion of abuse, neglect, and/or exploitation of clients per Chapter 415, F.S. and Easter Seals Florida policies and procedures
31. Answer inquiries about the Adult Day Services program and record intake information on prospective clients, giving tours that effectively communicate the scope of the program in a positive manner.
32. Project a positive and professional image towards families, co-workers, visitors, and other business contacts.
33. Supervise volunteers and outside visitors.
34. Attend all continuing education and program training as required.
35. Maintain confidentiality of all client information.
36. Ensure that client rights are protected.
37. Perform other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. |
-High school degree or equivalent required and at least two years experience preferred
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.